- The drive to Fir Tree Cottage, is fascinating. It takes you past ancient earthworks, through Ludshott Common and past the few remains of ‘Superior Camp’ built for the Canadian Army in World War Two
- Of note is the original timber framed, Bargate Stone barn. With its doors out onto the garden this would make an ideal entertaining space in any time of year
- Beautiful, skylight equipped kitchen and dining area with panoramic views out over the grounds
- Duel aspect sitting and study area with an open fire, and doors out onto the front and rear patio
- A very generous downstairs bedroom with en suite facilities and its own door out onto the garden, an ideal annexe opportunity
- All bedrooms feature a view out onto the garden, bedroom one has an especially impressive view, with bedroom three having its own private roof terrace
- Pool house within the grounds. With an air source heat pump fitted in 2017
An absolutely one of a kind country house set in its own grounds in one of Grayshotts most historic and spectacular rural locations. * Mid 19th Century Origins * Set in 4 acres approx within Ludshott Common (National Trust) * Modern extensions and renovations * Pool House * 2,589 square feet of modern accommodation * Machine Store and workshop * EPC E 51
Fir Tree Cottage, has its origins in what is believed to be the mid 19th century. Since our clients purchase of the property, considerable investment has been made sympathetically extending and renovating the property and pool house with multiple improvements and features.
Whilst the house offers a generous 2,589 square feet of modern accommodation, the grounds and location are a truly spectacular feature that guarantee privacy, peace, and a very real feeling of being away from all the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Set just on the doorstep of the National Trust’s wild and beautiful Ludshott Common, a haven of rural tranquility.
Please see brochure for full details
Situated within Ludshott Common, enjoying the peace and tranquility such a position demands, whilst being less than a mile from the village centre once you hit the main road. Grayshott is a thriving, award winning village situated on the Surrey/Hampshire border, surrounded by National Trust woodlands, offering a wealth of individual shops and services which include; Post Office, village pub, social club, restaurants, cafes & takeaways, 2 small supermarkets, butcher, greengrocer, ironmonger, chemist, doctors, dentists, sports field with pavilion and tennis club. The village school incorporates both infants and juniors, whilst there are a large number of private schools and preschools. Grayshott is also home to the prestigious Grayshott Spa, offering membership to local residents. The larger towns of Haslemere and Farnham are within 5 miles and 10 miles respectively, offering high street shopping and main line rail connections to London in less than an hour. Access to the A3 is easy, with motorway style connections to London, the South coast and both principal Airports.
NOTE: Please ask for directions for any viewings. It is, as you would imagine, off the beaken track and interesting to find!