Impressive, modern six bedroom house with direct access to beautiful country walks. Grounds of approx half an acre. Built in 2001 to an extremely high specification, offering flexible accommodation over three floors plus basement. Underfloor heating has been fitted throughout the ground and first floors. 4,487 sq feet including basement and garage.
* Impressive entrance porch with wooden front door opening to the central entrance hall with cloakroom and stairs to the 1st floor
* Double doors lead through to the spacious kitchen/breakfast room which benefits from an orangery and views over the garden. Creating a triple aspect space, ideal for every day living and entertaining alike
* The bespoke, handmade kitchen features a granite work surface and breakfast bar with integral appliances, low level lighting, a large Cannon range cooker and tiled flooring throughout.
* Well-proportioned double aspect drawing room with a large open fireplace (stone surround) and French doors opening onto the garden
* Two further reception rooms; dual aspect dining room, currently used as an office, has a wood burning stove and provides ample space for formal entertaining and a TV room (accessed through sliding glass doors from the kitchen/breakfast room)
* Stairs from the TV room lead to a double bedroom with shower room en suite providing private, separate accommodation, ideal for guests or au pair
* The utility room is adjacent to the rear of the kitchen and provides access through to the garage. There is also a back door leading from the utility room out onto the garden
* Spacious 1st floor landing with a seating area.
* Generous, dual aspect master bedroom enjoying views over the garden. Ample storage and en suite bathroom with a separate shower and twin sinks. A door from the bathroom en suite opens to what is currently set up as a bedroom but could also be used as a dressing room or nursery
* Two further double bedrooms, both with built in storage. One benefits from a bathroom en suite with a separate shower
* Spacious family bathroom with a separate walk in shower
* A spiral staircase provides access to the second floor where there is a study and large double bedroom.
* Approached via a private road, owned by the neighbour, which leads to a block paved driveway with parking for several cars and a double open fronted garage
* A door from the garage provides access to the dry basement beneath with power and lighting
* The attractive garden is mainly laid to lawn with well stocked flower beds, herbaceous borders and a central well established pond. A large paved terrace, accessed from the orangery, is edged with well planted flower beds and provides ample space for outside seating and dining. There is a small BBQ area with water supply and LPG gas from the main house tank. The current owners have created an impressive wooden children’s play area with playground equipment and wood chip flooring to one end of the garden. There are also two lockable garden stores.
Location: Tucked away on the edge of the village of Milland, within the South Downs National Park and within close proximity to the larger village of Liphook which has a main line station to London Waterloo, infant, junior and secondary school with associated sixth form and one of the best golf courses in the country. Bohunt Secondary school has an excellent OFSTED rating and a raft of awards and accolades including TES Secondary School of the Year in 2014. Old Thorns Manor Hotel has a luxury Spa and golf course designed by Peter Aliss. The area has extensive surrounding countryside much of it National Trust including Bramshott Common, there are many footpaths and bridleways in the area for walking and riding.
The property is within close proximity to both Hollycombe and Rake Primary schools. There are numerous independent schools in the area including Churchers College and Bedales in Petersfield, Churchers Junior and Highfield and Brookham in Liphook, and there is easy access to RGS in Guildford and Portsmouth Grammar via the mainline train service. Amesbury, St Edmunds and The Royal Junior School are located in Hindhead which is 6 miles away.
The A3 provides fast access to London, the motorway network, Gatwick, Heathrow and Southampton airports, whilst Haslemere station provides a fast service to London Waterloo.
The town of Petersfield is close by and provides for most everyday needs, whilst Guildford in Surrey and the Cathedral city of Chichester, both with renowned Theatres, are within easy reach and have more extensive shopping and leisure facilities. Midhurst and the surrounding area have much to offer with Polo at Cowdray Park, racing at Goodwood and Fontwell, golf at Cowdray Park, Goodwood, Pulborough and Liphook, motor racing at the Goodwood circuit and sailing out of Chichester Harbour and other centres along the South Coast.
By Road: London 50 miles, Liphook 1.5 miles, Petersfield 7 miles, Haslemere 6 miles, Guildford 20 miles
By Rail: Haslemere to London Waterloo from 49 minutes, Liphook to London Waterloo from 68 minutes
Services: We have been advised by our clients that the property has mains water and electricity, air source heat pumps and private drainage. None of the services have been tested.
Local Authority: Chichester District Council.
Tax Band: G
EPC Rating: E 42